MD Cork Facade
Cork cladding is an exciting new product that innovative architects are quickly taking advantage of. Easily manipulated and highly sustainable, the product can be used for both internal and exterior applications and has a range of attributes that make it a highly desirable material.
Centro de Idiomas
EAFIT University’s recently finished Languages Building in Medellin, Columbia has used a cork facade in stunning fashion. Architect Juan Manuel Peláez uses a natural and abundant material as reference to the distinct character of northern South America. In a time when economies, cultures and architecture are becoming more and more globalised – material interventions like this allow for the student community to have a local reference in an international learning environment.
- 100% natural product
- Very low embodied energy
- Carbon Negative
- Thermal Insulation, Acoustic and anti-vibration simultaneously
- High dimensional stability
- Supports temperatures between -180 C and +120 C
- Almost unlimited durability, keeping technical features
- Promotes thermal lag
- Indoor Air Quality A +
- Permeability to water vapor
- Resistant to compression (good mechanical properties)
- In case of fire does not release toxic gases
- Does not react to chemical agents
- Not attackable by rodents
- 100% recyclable and reusable in other applications
Please don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss this product, we are very excited to be stocking such an innovative and interesting material.